What part of the constitution do you think we need to change to allow same-gender (universal) marriage? Is it not simpler to try and pass a law and see if it is challenged?


Please take into account that Article 41.3.1 of the constitution is using, like all other articles, the Irish word teaghlach in the Irish version, when the English is using “family”.

Teaghlach refers to the “household”, not to the “clan”. Therefore it is hard to argue, based on the word “family”, that there is an assumed blood relation, or that only birth parents are concerned.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s