The European Union is considering taking disciplinary action against France over its treatment and expulsion of Roma migrants.
EU Justice Commissioner Viviane Reding described the actions of the French government as a ‘disgrace’.
She added France had been duplicitous in how it had dealt with the European authorities over the issue.Ms Reding said she believed proceedings should be brought against France in the coming weeks.
‘I am personally convinced that the commission will have no choice but to initiate infringement proceedings against France,’ Ms Reding said.
She rebuked the French government over a leaked memo which ‘openly contradicted’ assurances given by two ministers to the Commission that specific ethnic groups had not been targeted in France. Continue reading
- 2010-10-06: X Factor: Gamu Nhengu ordered to leave Britain over alleged claims irregularities
- 2010-10-06: Vatican continues to attack Nobel over IVF award
- 2010-10-06: Robbie Williams wants gay kids by IVF as soon as possible
- 2010-10-06: Quintuplet joy for lesbian couple
- 2010-10-05: RTE1, Do the right thing: Journey To Belarus
The Importance of Ad… on FAQ – How can adoption p… Casino 1 on 2010-10-06: Quintuplet joy for… Armateur on 2010-09-17: NELFA CONFERENCE O… WP Theo on 2010-09-13: More foreign adopt… Los Angeles on 2010-09-17: NELFA CONFERENCE O…